MS Word / Excel Foundation Skills, CMP860
Need to develop proficiency in MS Word and Excel? Novice users and users looking for formal training in MS Word and Excel will explore topics needed in the workplace or for personal business. Learn how to format and edit documents and spreadsheets, generate a mail merge and create labels, use shortcuts to work efficiently, use mathematical formulas in Excel spreadsheets; and create charts and graphs for presentations.
Prerequisites: Computer Basics, Working with Windows, and Introduction to Keyboarding or equivalent experience.
Classroom Hours: 18
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
- Create and navigate a Word document, including saving and printing
- Format a Word document to be professional and organized
- Apply shortcuts to quickly navigate through Microsoft Office applications
- Create and format a functional Excel spreadsheet
- Use chart functions to create colorful, eye-catching presentations
- Use mathematical functions to simplify calculations.