PowerPoint Intermediate / Advanced, CMP955
This course explores how to make presentation consistent by applying slide masters, transitions and timings. Learn various ways of incorporating and modifying charts to create professional and effective presentations. Also, learn how to merge shapes, add shape effects and how to use pictures and shapes as links to other pages in the presentation, or to pages on the Internet. Finally, this course explores the different methods of printing, protecting, and delivering presentations including how to use PowerPoint 2013 Presenter View, which includes tools such as highlighters and laser pointers, and how to present online using Microsoft Lync and Office Presentation Service. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for PowerPoint 2013 (exam 77-422). Prerequisites: MS PowerPoint - Introduction, Computer Basics, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objective: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Control global settings by using slide masters, apply transition effects, control and record timings, and create custom slide slows.
- Crop images and remove background elements. Insert and edit media files, apply animation effects, and create a photo album presentation.
- Create and edit SmartArt graphics, create tables from scratch, and create format charts.
- Create action buttons for user navigation, and create and edit equations.
- Integrate Microsoft Office files, create a presentation from a Word outline, embed and link external resources, and create hyperlinks.
- Insert review comments, protect a presentation with a password, create handouts in Word, and prepare a presentation for delivery in several formats, including CD, PDF, video, and image files; and deliver a presentation outline.
- Customize application settings and toolbars, and create and apply custom themes.