MS Access - Level II, ITI-154
This course builds on the skills and concepts taught in Access 2013 Level I. Learn how to normalize data, manage table relationships, and enforce referential integrity; work with Lookup fields and subdatasheets; create join queries, calculated fields, and summary values; add objects to forms and create advanced form types; print reports and labels. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Access 2013 (exam 77-424). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Access Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: MS Access Level I or equivalent experience, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Normalize tables, analyze tables, and view objective dependencies; set table relationships; implement referential integrity between related tables; and set cascading deletes and updates.
- Create lookup fields and multi-value fields; modify lookup field properties; and use a subdatasheet to add data to related tables.
- Create join queries; create calculated fields in a query; and use queries to view summarized and grouped data.
- Add unbounded controls, graphics, and calculated fields to a form; and create multiple-item forms, split forms, datasheet forms, and subforms.
- Add headers and footers in a report; use functions to add calculated values in a report; print database objects and database documents; and create labels.
- Create and modify charts in forms and reports.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).